All opinions in this site are of the author's, James Hobbs. All information is as accurate as possible. Information on this site originate from the author's own ideas, observations, research, recollections, and findings. A complete site of Hercule Poirot and Agatha Christie is by no means intended. Hercule Poirot Central is not endorsed by Agatha Christie Limited or Chorion Limited.
The reason why I've spent some time doing all this is to simply express my gratitude to a fine author who has made reading a great hobby to take up. Whether this will be of any benefit, I don't know. I, however, have learned much from doing this site. I simply want to show people my enthusiasm for such excellent literature thanks to Agatha Christie.
You can read my thoughts on Agatha Christie at my blog, right here at Hercule Poirot Central. It is found at blog.poirot.us, and leave a comment if you like.
Curious about my favorites of Agatha's? Here they are:
- Best of Poirot
- Murder on the Orient Express
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Death in the Clouds
- Murder on the Links
- After the Funeral
- Death on the Nile
- Lord Edgware Dies
- The ABC Murders
- Hercule Poirot's Christmas
- Taken at the Flood
- Best of Non-Poirot
- And Then There Were None
- The Secret Adversary
- A Murder is Announced
- Why Didn't They Ask Evans?
- The Pale Horse
- The Seven Dials Mystery
- The Man in the Brown Suit
- Partners in Crime
- The Sittaford Mystery
- Crooked House
This is a short list of Agatha Christie resources that are invaluable:
- Agatha Christie: First Lady of Crime. H.R.F. Keating, editor. Holt, Rinehart and Winston: NY, NY. 1977.
- Agatha Christie at Home. Hilary Macaskill. Frances Lincoln: London. 2009.
- Murder She Wrote: A Study of Agatha Christie's Detective Fiction. Patricia D. Maida and Nicholas B. Spornick. Bowling Green State Univ. Press: Bowling Green, OH. 1982.
- The Agatha Christie Mystery. Derrick Murdoch. Pagurian Press Limited: Toronto, Canada. 1976.
- The Life and Crimes of Agatha Christie. Charles Osborne. Contemporary Books: Chicago, IL. 1990.
- The New Bedside, Bathtub & Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie. Dick Riley and Pam McAllister, editors. Ungar: NY, NY. 1986.
- Agatha Christie A to Z. Dawn B. Sova, Ph.D. Checkmark Books: NY, NY. 1996.
- Agatha Christie. Mary S. Wagoner. Twayne Publishers: Boston, MA. 1986.
Hercule Poirot Central ("HPC") is the sole owner of all original content on this site (excluding all copyrighted material owned by Agatha Christie Ltd.).
This website does contain links to other sites. Please be aware that HPC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
Information HPC Collects
HPC does not collect or receive personal information for any reason, other than your name and e-mail address if you choose to contact HPC. HPC does not benefit from releasing any e-mail address or correspondence to any entity, and it never will. HPC tracks referring sites to this one, but it gathers no information regarding the individuals who visit this site. HPC's statistical tools show the number of visitors, type of browser used, and peak times of day/month people visit only.
Third Party Advertising
HPC may advertise for websites related to Agatha Christie from time to time, but in no way is personal information used (including the amazon.com shop here). No personal data is required of you, in fact. HPC never releases any data to even other Agatha Christie-related websites.